Monday, April 21, 2008

Transportation purchases abound...

Another planned joy of my journey... I'd like to stay some places for a few days or more at a time, and I don't really want to drive when I'm staying in plalces like national parks.

So I got a bike! It's used, and I spent the weekend cruising around town in it, and I am so excited! Besides, there's the added benefit that I'll be better to the environment, and better to myself using it in the meantime. And the money that I'd be spending on gas? I can save it for the trip!

Anyway. Had to share my excitement! Gotta go eat lunch, I am hungry!

2 comments:

btm said...

Bikes are nice to have along. When I drove around the country we stayed mostly in national parks. Somehow though even with boats and bikes we ended up walking more than anything else.

Running Chick said...

No kidding, I imagine I'll walk the most, just because it allows me to take in more.

But there may be some places where I stay a few weeks... and in those cases, a bike will be a great way to get around! Provided whomever's been nice enough to let me park my bus in their driveway doesn't mind staring at it for such a long time.

I'll take this opportunity to thank my parents for allowing me to park the bus in our front driveway, as I've learned the mud in the back driveway is problematic. ;-)