Thursday, March 12, 2009

The bees knees and ladies

Ahhh. Today, I had the joys of Katie's company not once, not twice, but three times. And it was fabulous.

We started off this morning walking around her yard and taking measurements and notes to plan a garden. Katie's been wanting a garden for some time, and, well, I've got the time to help make it happen!

Later, I picked her up and we took Shyann (my pooch-sister) to Padden to run the trails with her boyfriend and the students he coaches in long-distance running. It was cold, there was snow still very much on the ground through the horse trails, but as we emerged from the woods and the hills, the sun felt so refreshing. It was a great run, and I'm looking forward to joining up with them more in the coming weeks as a running buddy.

And, of course, it was Wednesday, so our standing ladies night date was in place. We missed Camille tonight (I miss you tons dearie! We need some quality time soon, if you happen to be reading this...). And MAN! It was an intense disc that we were watching! What I love the most about these ladies nights, is that we're really low-key... we get together with some wine and appetizers and watch discs of TV shows that we never watched in high school... yet that we all discover we enjoy. We debate the characters and the situations they find themselves in at length after the disc ends... and it gives us an opportunity to explore our lives and what choices we would make if we were in the same situation.

I always feel enlightened after these evenings. It recharges my batteries. Nonetheless, I'm not up for two late nights in a row... so adios amigos. Hasta manana.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lately things have been emotionally rough, Sasha. I can't explain; it's just kinda bad.

At any rate, I don't think I'll be going out tonight, forgoing intoxication times twelve for a early Saturday morning run by myself in my neighborhood. I would love to run with you ladies but you know how I am with races and such. Call me after you've finished and we'll get some grub.

Running Chick said...

Sounds good darling. I miss you.