Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ahhh, finally!

Dear friends!

I am overjoyed to announce that this dream is far more closer to reality than at any point over the past year! I am gainfully unemployed, and the winds are beginning to blow the right way for me to head out on the road trip. Well, almost... I have some commitments that will keep me mostly in town for the next few months (volunteering, and the wedding of one of my best friends), but then - FINALLY!!!!- I should be able to get going!

As I don't write nearly as often as I once hoped, this blog looks a lot like my journal. ("Dear journal, so much has happened in the past few months since I wrote! Yet I have no time to sit and write, so I'll fill you in later." And then more time passes.) I was struggling a lot in a job I believed in, but there was too much going on in my personal life for me to be as focused and dedicated as I would have liked to be. When my grandpa died three weeks ago, I felt as though everything came to a head. My mind and my heart were with my family. When I would think about myself, my thoughts would be toward the life I wanted to be having... a life with adventure and beauty. A life exploring the wonders of life, love, and the world we live in.

And so it hit me that rather than continue to feel like I was running into this brick wall again and again, I should be making an effort to get over the wall, to walk around it, to knock it down. That the way to do so would be to dedicate a great deal of my time getting my life in order; getting my bus in good condition, and getting myself stronger in mind, body, and spirit to embark on my journey.

I can not express how free I am feeling! At any given moment, I pause, and breathe deep, and feel... like I am soaring. I know that to some what I am doing seems impractical. "Are you completely oblivious of today's economy?" they ask. "How are you going to make a living?" And I don't know what to say to explain that I'd rather be living than making a living. That I have faith in my resourcefulness to get by as a productive member of society in my own right. That many of the expectations people set for themselves serve to imprison them.

Back before our society became focused on keeping up with the Joneses, our work was spent in the fields, growing crops to provide food for our families. Working with the Earth to live, instead of working to acquire things that work against it. And please don't feel that I'm saying there's anything wrong with the jobs that do not work directly toward providing life's necessities (food, water, shelter, love), but there is something wrong with feeling miserable and disheartened a vast majority of the time.

Anyway. So, yeah, musings. I've got to dash - I'd like to attend a meeting on the development of the old GP site.

Will write more soon, I hope/promise,
Love and peace,
Sasha

No comments: